Friday, June 24, 2005

Finding Yourself...



So what does it mean to 'Find yourself ' ??

I had never really thought about that phrase... until recently... finding myself headed for a divorce after over 20 years with the same man I began to understand the depth of those two simple words...

The meaning that they took on over the next few months was by no description 'simple'... I have made some very crucial discoveries about myself and my life...

Here are just a few:

  • My two teenage boys understand more than I even care to explain to them.
  • My family has and always will be my greatest support system.
  • When your kids hurt- you hurt deeper for them.
  • You learn that you can and will do things that you were convinced only your husband could do.
  • Overwhelming is only a feeling and it WILL pass.
  • Your kids can get thru these things if they believe that there is stablility in their lives.
  • You do not have to tolerate harrassment with your ex just because you have kids together.
  • Your kids will respect you a whole lot more if you DON'T bad-mouth the other parent or try to be vindictive towards them.
  • That your family appreciates hugs and kisses as payment in full for all they do.
  • And the biggest thing that I have had to learn... You cannot make a man love and do right by his kids.

These are only a few of the things that I have learned over the last 7 months... and it is part of the slow process to 'finding myself '...

Make sure you smile today just for me!

Hugs,

Bonnie_W.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home