Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Along the Road...


Here I am again... traveling down the road to 'finding myself'... I am extremely grateful for the family and friends that have walked along beside me as I have began this journey.

I have a friend that has been going thru divorce land and all the new situations that come along with this new territory... She, along with my family, has been my greatest comfort to moving on with my life... Last night as I talked with her on the phone, I realized that there can never be a perfect solution to divorce with children involved... no matter what age your kids are.

It amazes me sometimes, to what extent some men will go to try to relieve themselves of having to pay child support. The friend that I am referring to here has two children. She was faced with the conflict last night of her ex husband trying to persuade ONE of the kids to come and live with him... If the child agreed to do this, he would reciprocate by letting her do something that she was wanting to do but her mom could not afford. I should also mention that this particular thing the child is now wanting to do was HIS IDEA in the first place... she did not want to do it to begin with and over the period of several months he has convinced her that it is in her best interest.

This would, mind you, split two sisters apart that have been together everyday since the second one was born. What kind of dad places a child in the situation to make this decision?? What kind of dad assumes that it is beneficial to split two children apart??

Let me add that I understand that they're are some really wonderful dads out there that would not think of doing anything like this (unless other circumstances warranted it)...

STAND UP AND TAKE A BOW!!

You are the true MEN of the world... the ones that remember that the kids are a part of them... You serve as an example to divorced dads that have not quite figured it out yet. The next time you hear a man talking about a his situation with his ex-wife and kids- encourage him to think past what is best for him... encourage him to look at the whole picture... how is this going to effect things down the road?

Don't be afraid to speak out... you may be the only one that makes a difference!

Have a great day and be sure to smile for me!
Bonnie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home