Sunday, July 24, 2005

Stops Along the Way

Today's post is simple and sweet...

I feel like I am progressing to a point in my life that I really should have been at long before now... I realize at this point in my divorce that I have spent the majority of my life trying to please a man that never deserved me in the first place. It is a point of mixed emotions... not from the divorce itself but from the loss of time... the memories that I should have but don't... the things I have missed enjoying with my kids, my family, my friends...

My next words are not meant to cause confusion nor conflict in your life...

Step back... way back... take a look around... are you happy? Do you really know your kids? What they like? What their fears are? Their dreams for the future? What about your parents? Do you know how they are? I mean how they really ARE? Have you took the time to sit and chat with them? How about eating supper with them? What are they involved in? Where are all of your friends? Do you even have friends anymore? Have you really listened to what is happening in their world?

I am not suggesting that you leave a relationship that you might be involved in... BUT I am suggesting that you can get so wrapped up in that relationship that you miss out on everything else around you... 'til one day it hits you like a lead balloon and you realize that you cannot remember the last X number of years of your life because all of your efforts have been concentrated in one spot...

You have to have balance to your life... because in the end, the ones that you are neglecting the most now will be the only ones left standing beside you... As you grow older and your faults become much more obvious...

They will be there.... your kids, your family, your friends!

Smile for me today and hug someone special!
Bonnie_W.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home