Saturday, February 04, 2006

Free At Last

It's been a long, long time coming but when my attorney looked at me and smiled and said "You're Divorced"... those were the two sweetest words that I thought I would ever hear!!

I KNOW that it will be a constant battle in court to get him to live up to that agreement but now he is faced with two choices:
  • Sincerely TRY to do what you can - this in his mind is of course, borrow what you can to send to Bonnie and the boys... because in his own words "It's MY money and I'm gonna have a life" ... Well, at least in jail you do get free clothes and meals...
  • OR do exactly what you told the judge you would do- don't pay a dime and come back so that you can be taken to jail quietly... I think that someone should probably explain to him that just because you are put in jail does not mean that you will not owe the same thing when you get out...

I got what I went in there after- even though he was whining (and showed up without an attorney I might add) about he needed MORE TIME... geez, it's been almost 15 months... more time for WHAT??- I walked outta that courtroom with the agreement standing and my divorce final...

There have been a lot of smiles in my life since that moment... I'm happier... my boys are happier... my family is definitely happier... my friends are ecstatic...

His family will try to help him get the money to fight and amend the agreement thru court but now the shoe is on the other foot... Let them support him long enough for him to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on an attorney and court costs until someone finally tells him that the only thing that can be amended now according to income is the child support!!

And in the mean time - I can go on with my life!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home